Skip to Main Content
Resource Type: Websites
Using the Internet
There are reasons for and against using the Internet. As much as we would like to encourage you to use academic resources, which will be a requirement for your assignments, something like a Google search will have its place during your studies every now and then.
- Standards of practice.
- Community information
- Community based health organizations
- International health organizations
- Government websites
- Online dictionary or thesaurus
Reasons NOT to use the Internet
- Some resources available on the Internet require payment. You might find the perfect article, but can only view the abstract for free.
- Information is often not evaluated for accuracy and may therefore be incorrect, misleading or biased.
- Website come and go, and many times are not updated
- The internet will give you a lot of information that will not relate to your course of study or topic.
- Google won't offer you an option to narrow down your search and often provides you extra information based on previous searches.
A list of websites that might provide helpful information for your research.
Charles Darwin University acknowledges the traditional custodians across the lands on which we live and work, and we pay our respects to Elders both past and present.