Skip to Main Content
What is a database? (Courtesy of RMIT Library)
Key databases in Psychology
American Psychological Association (APA) databases - help guide
Tips for using PsycInfo
- combine terms in advanced search
- use synonyms
- check the thesaurus to find what subject terms are used for your concept
- don't filter by full text - PsycINFO is a 'citation database' and will give citations to articles AND full text articles. If you filter by full text online you will only be shown articles in full text from THIS database. Leaving the filter un-ticked will give you the option to see if any of the Library's other databases have this article in full text. Watch this video to see this in action: https://youtu.be/E2UHTDIoRKI
- create an account for yourself so you can save your results
- try a combination of keywords
Finding Evidence-Based Information Resources
The following databases include tools that allow you to narrow your search to evidence-based information resources. They are more 'medical' in focus.
Charles Darwin University acknowledges the traditional custodians across the lands on which we live and work, and we pay our respects to Elders both past and present.