Open Access Week is celebrated globally in October each – find out more: Open Access Week
At CDU, a seminar is held each year to mark Open Access Week. Open Access Week presentations from previous years are available from CDU eSpace and can be viewed from here:
Open Access Week Seminar, CDU Casuarina Campus
Thursday 22 October, 2.00-3.00pm, Blue 5.1.01
To mark Open Access Week, the Library is hosting the annual Open Access Seminar on 22 October. The theme this year is "Open for Collaboration" and will explore how cooperation between stakeholder communities helps to set the default to open for scholarly communication. At a broader level, the theme will provide an opportunity for Open Access supporters to consider working with those in similar, allied movements for Open Data and Open Education to advance common goals more quickly.
* Ruth Quinn, Director, Office of Library Services
* Professor Lawrence Cram, Pro Vice Chancellor - Research and Research Training
* Alison Lockley, Manager Innovative Media Production Studio
Karin Pfister, OER Coordinator
Open Educational Resources
* Georgina Taylor, Co-lead, Open Access Button
Storytelling for Open Access
* Neil Godfrey, Digital Collections Coordinator, Office of Library Services
* Presentation of CDU Library Open Access Award
* Afternoon Tea
All Welcome. Please RSVP to Jayshree Mamtora for catering purposes.