Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How do you deposit your dataset?
Dataset records in Charles Darwin University's Research Webportal provide:
- a place to record metadata on your dataset
- a place to store your research data management plan
- the ability to make your dataset metadata discoverable on the CDU Research web portal.
How to enter a dataset record in RIS and link it to other related research activities, outputs and outcomes.
For High Degree by Research (HDR) Students
You are producing data in the course of your PhD or MSc. by Research. This data should be added to Charles Darwin University's Research Webportal at the completion of your course.
- CDU Research Webportal is a place to record your metadata, store your research data management plan and final datasets and make your dataset discoverable on the CDU Research web portal and other major platforms.
- Interview data should be anonymized can normally be made public.
- A dataset can also be given a DOI (a permanent digital object identifier) to facilitate citations and statistical reporting of the dataset.
- If the datasets are in progress then it should be kept on another CDU storage for you to use. Discuss the storage options with your supervisor.
- At the end of your course, the complete datasets should be added to CDU Research Webportal.
- To deposit your datasets or if you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
Charles Darwin University acknowledges the traditional custodians across the lands on which we live and work, and we pay our respects to Elders both past and present.