This page provides resources to help you find existing data from research projects.
For information on how to cite datasets go to the subpage -- Cite datasets.
Research Data Australia is a discovery service designed to provide rich connections between data, projects, researchers and institutions, and promote visibility of Australian research data collections in search engines. RDA is the flagship service of the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC).
If you have datasets that you would like to have included in RDA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a sample list of displine-based data repositories that are available. You may be able to deposit your datasets in them.
• AODN - Australian Ocean Data Network - AODN Data Portal is a single access point for marine data published by Australian Commonwealth Agencies and by a large number of other data contributors.
• ATLAS of LIVING AUSTRALIA - the Atlas of Living Australia contains information on all the known species in Australia aggregated from a wide range of data providers: museums, herbaria, community groups, government departments, individuals and universities.
• ATSIDA – Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Data Archive
• AusStage - a dataset for researching live performance in Australia.
• Australian Data Archive - a national service for the collection and preservation of digital research data to be made available for secondary analysis by researchers. The ADA is comprised of seven sub-archives: Social Science, Historical, Indigenous, Longitudinal, Qualitative, Crime and Justice, and International.
• Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre
• CSIRO Data Access Portal - a repository of data published by the CSIRO across a range of disciplines to facilitate sharing and reuse of the data.
• Dryad - an international repository of data underlying scientific and medical publications.
• GEO – Gene expression obmnibus - a public repository of microarray, next-generation sequencing, and other forms of high-throughput functional genomic data submitted by the scientific community.
• GeoScience Australia Data and Applications
• PANGAEA – a data publisher for earth and environmental sciences.
• PARADISEC - a Pacific and Regional Archive for Digital Sources in Endangered Cultures.
• Petroleum Data Repository - housed by Geoscience Australia, this is one of the world's largest collections of petroleum data.
• TERN (Australian Terrestrial Ecosystem Research Network) Data Discovery Portal
• UK Data Archive - the largest collection of social sciences and humanities digital research data in the UK.
Open Access Directory - the Open Access Directory is a compendium of lists about open access to science and scholarship, maintained by the open access community.
OpenDOAR - Directory of Open Access Repositories - the OpenDOAR service maintains a comprehensive and authoritative list of institutional and subject-based open access repositories. While many of the repositories listed are publication based, data respositories are also included.
re3data.org - the goal of re3data.og is to create a global registry of research data repositories from different academic disciplines and to promote a culture of sharing, increased access and better visibility of research data.