Skip to main content
Sharing an EndNote Library
Collaborating with team members
How it works:
- You can include anyone who has EndNote and an active Online account.
- EndNote X8, X9 allows sharing for up to 100 users. X9 includes a read only option.
- A feed shows who made which changes and when. Not available in X7.
- Share your entire EndNote library, including references, PDFs, and annotations.
- For best performance, especially if you have a slow connection, try not to attach any large files.
- To open a shared library the user must have the same amount of space available on their machine.
- Everyone can add to, annotate and use the library – at the same time
- You must have an active EndNote Online account. These accounts have an expiry.
- You can only share one library at a time. This is the library you will be syncing to your On-line account.
- You are basically sharing your Online account with the other users.
- All the other users can sync to their own Online accounts, this will not affect the shared library.
- You will be giving full access to your library and all attachments.