We'll help you access items you need for teaching and learning when you live remotely or can't get to one of our campus Libraries.
Distance Library Services
Current staff and students who
- live more than 80 kms from a Northern Territory campus library
- reside overseas (digital resources only)
- are incarcerated
- are registered with Access and Inclusion
It's important we have your current address, please update your details at Current students or Staffonline websites.
Find the item you want
- Find and request books in Library Search - choose home address
- if you're new to Distance Library Services in the comments field ask us to post book to you.
- Alternatively you can complete a book request
Note: prescribed texts may not be available due to high demand.
Managing your loans
- Books can be borrowed for 56 days but are subject to recall and fines.
- An email will inform you of the due date. This is the date when we expect the item to be back at the library, not in the post.
- Items on loan or on hold for you can be viewed in My library account.
What we do
- Holds will be placed on items already on loan to another borrower.
- Student Services Amenities Fee covers the cost of ONE return envelope for students, per parcel of books.
- Items will only be posted within Australia.
- Is the book available electronically (an eBook)? If so, there's no need to request a chapter, you can access it directly from the eBook.
- Is the chapter available in e-readings?
Requesting a chapter:
- Complete a chapter request form.
- Agree to copyright (only ONE chapter can be scanned per book per semester).
- The chapter will be emailed to your CDU email address.
Requesting an article:
- Complete the article request form.
- The article will be emailed to your CDU email address.
Phone: 08 8946 7016
|Charles Darwin University
||Charles Darwin University
|Office of Library Services
||Office of Library Services
|Distance Library Services
||Distance Library Services
||PO Box 795
|CASUARINA NT 0909
||ALICE SPRINGS NT 0871